Homecoming 2022 schedule

From Student Life

Homecoming Kickoff (Monday, February 7 from 10 AM to 2 PM) in A. Lincoln Commons

Kick-off Homecoming week with Student Life in the A. Lincoln Commons from 10 am to 2 pm. You can compete against our basketball players or your friends in a game of Pop-A-Shot or Strike-A-Light. While you are here, enjoy some waffle dogs with Chicago-style toppings, and receive a homecoming t-shirt (first 50 students). This is not an event you want to miss.

Frame This Moment (Tuesday, February 8 from 10 AM to 2 PM) in A. Lincoln Commons

Join us today in the A. Lincoln Commons from 10am to 2pm to frame this moment. Take pictures and frame it in a keychain or a magnet frame to remember this homecoming for years to come. Also, enjoy some deep-fried Oreos.

African American History Month Trivia… What do know? (Wednesday, February 9, All Day)

We got spirit, yes, we do! We got spirit, how about you!? Wear your LLCC swag and get entered into a raffle for a chance to win one of several $25 vouchers to the LLCC Bookstore. Students who stop by the Student Life Office (across from Quiznos in Menard Hall) wearing their LLCC swag will receive a raffle ticket for the LLCC Bookstore voucher drawing. Not on the Springfield campus? No worries! You can submit your photo wearing LLCC swag to [email protected] to get your name entered into the raffle.

Wear Swag, Get Swag (Thursday, February 10, All Day)

We got spirit, yes, we do! We got spirit, how about you!? Wear your LLCC swag and get entered into a raffle for a chance to win one of several $25 voucher to the LLCC Bookstore. Students who stop by the Student Life Office (across from Quiznos in Menard Hall) wearing their LLCC swag will receive a raffle ticket for the LLCC Bookstore voucher drawing. Not on the Springfield campus? No worries! You can submit your photo wearing LLCC swag to [email protected] to get your name entered into the raffle.

Abraham Lincoln Birthday Celebration (Friday, February 11, All Day)

Celebrate Abraham Lincoln’s birthday with us on the Lincoln Landing app. Take an Abe Lincoln quiz and score an 80% or better and you will be entered into a drawing to win a free ticket to the Presidential Library and Museum in downtown Springfield. The trivia link will be available through the News & Events tile in Lincoln Landing App starting at 8 AM.
Lincoln Land Community College will celebrate Abraham Lincoln’s legacy Friday, Feb. 11 at 9 a.m. with “More Painful Than Pleasant?: Abraham Lincoln and His Father,” a presentation by Dr. Samuel Wheeler.
The public is invited to the free event in the Trutter Center on the LLCC Springfield campus. Due to space limitations, registration to attend in person is required at www.llcc.edu/lincoln-feb11 or by calling 217-786-2577. Individuals may also attend via Zoom at bit.ly/3r8XfA4.
Dr. Wheeler is an historian specializing in the history of Illinois, the Civil War Era and the life and legacy of Abraham Lincoln. An LLCC graduate and the college’s 2019 Honored Alumnus, he earned his Ph.D. in history from Southern Illinois University Carbondale. He has worked in the field of public history for more than two decades, including as state historian of Illinois and director of research and collections at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum. He currently serves as director of history programs at the Illinois Supreme Court Historic Preservation Commission in Springfield.
LLCC will also commemorate Lincoln’s legacy with a variety of educational activities for students at the Springfield campus and LLCC Outreach Centers in Jacksonville, Beardstown, Taylorville and Litchfield Court Historic Preservation Commission in Springfield.

Homecoming Game (Saturday, February 12, Starting at 1 PM)

It’s GAME TIME!!!! Join us at 1 pm to cheer on our Women’s Basketball Team and at 3 pm for our Men’s Basketball Team against Spoon River College. We will also be announcing the Homecoming Royals and revealing the much-anticipated new mascot for Lincoln Land Community College.
Questions about the Homecoming Royals nomination and voting process, or about the Homecoming Week series of events, should be directed to the Student Life Office. Student Life is located on the lower level of Menard Hall on the Springfield main campus across from Quiznos. The office is open Monday-Friday, 8 Am to 5 PM, and can be reached via email at [email protected] or by calling 217-786-2241.