Love! What is it?

Avery Cook, Managing Editor

What do you think of when you say the word love? This is a question that Lincoln Land Community College’s professor Brothers is asking us to answer.

Last year LLCC put on a rendition of the Vagina Monologues, an episodic play that delves into consensual and nonconsensual sexual experiences, body image, genital mutilation, direct and indirect encounters with reproduction, sex work, and several other topics through the eyes of women.

Brothers has been doing the Vagina Monologues at LLCC for years but has decided to do something different this year. Partly because she wanted to hear the students their own stories rather than just repeat the monologues from the play.

Brothers said that last year they had a sort of prologue to the Vagina monologues where the students gave their own stories and that they were so interesting that she thought “next year that’s what we’re going to do”

So this year that is exactly what is going happen as students on Feb 17 will give their own independent monologues, stories, and poems on the subject of love and what it means to them. Brothers said that the reason they used ‘love’ as the subject

“Because the subject is so big and varied yet everyone has their own idea of it”

This activity is open to the entire LLCC campus all brothers asks is that the students let her know what direction they are going with their monologue, story or poem so that she can try to create an order for the stories.