Lorie McDonald remembered

Submitted photo

Lorie McDonald rides a scooter in front of a buffalo prop.

Meredith Howard, Editor-in-Chief

Lorie McDonald, 46, was the director of the LLCC Litchfield campus.

She was struck and killed by a vehicle while walking her dog, Bernie, on Nov 8, 2018.

Christine Marietta, an administrative assistant at LLCC Litchfield, was a friend of Lorie’s.

“Lorie was more than a boss; she was a friend,” Marietta said.

“She was loving, caring and supportive. Because of Lorie, our workplace felt more like a family — a home away from home. Lorie had the ability to make everyone believe they were good enough to overcome any obstacle that stood in their way. Our students loved Lorie just as much as the staff did. She brought so much joy and laughter to LLCC-Litchfield, and we miss her tremendously.”

Tisha Miller, Litchfield Student Club adviser, also worked with Ms. McDonald.

“Lorie was a fun-loving, kind spirit. She truly cared about her students, staff, co-workers and the Litchfield community. People were drawn to Lorie. She saw the good in everyone and made you see the good in yourself,” Miller said.

“She firmly believed in the mission of LLCC. She would go the extra mile to make sure students were provided the support they needed to be successful. There are many success stories that may not have been success stories if it weren’t for Lorie McDonald.”

Ms. McDonald is survived by her parents, Gerald and Patricia (Hall) McDonald of Litchfield, her maternal grandparents, Lee and Margie Hall of Litchfield, and many aunts, uncles and cousins.

Memorial services were held Nov. 14, 2018 at the Litchfield Family Funeral Service.

Meredith Howard can be reached at [email protected].