Women’s basketball hopes to match last year’s record

Ryan Scott, Assistant Editor

The Loggers finished 27-4 last season and lost in the 3rd game of the region tournament.

Head coach Chad Jones is entering his 2nd season as the women’s coach after previously coaching the men’s team. Jones expects a lot from the team this season. “I expect a lot. This team is capable of doing great things. Can we match last year’s record? That’s a lofty goal but I definitely like the talent we have.”

On the experience that Jones got from last season “Experience always helps.” He believes that he will continue to adapt this season.”

Sophomore Forward Hannah Wallen expects are to give 100% and work hard. “Our team motto is 10 in meaning we have 10 toes in this. We’re all in this season and we hope that the hard work will pay off in the end and take us all the way to Nationals in March.

On the incoming freshman Jones says the class is “strong”, and on the sophomores, they have a lot of experience. “It all comes down to if they gel together or not”

On the strengths and weaknesses of the team, both Jones and Wallen say the team is quick. Wallen says the team “has a lot of naturally talented players”.

The Loggers currently sit at 7-0. Their regular season ends on February 29th and the regional tournament starts March 4th.