Lamp’s assistant editor is excited for a new semester

Tess Peterson, Assistant Editor, 2019-20

Tess Peterson, Assistant Editor

Happy Spring Semester Loggers! Is it just me, or has this January felt like the longest ever? There has been so much happening in the news locally, nationally, and internationally but through it all hopefully The Lamp has kept you updated.

What I plan on doing for you, the students, this year is reporting on campus events as well as sharing my interests in pop culture, news, and politics, which I hope you all can appreciate. Another thing many of you already know is that I am a really big sports fan. During this 2020 season for sports at LLCC I will try my hardest to get Lamp readers exclusive interviews with players and coaches, season highlights, and everything in between, such as homecoming coverage which is something The Lamp loves writing about.

Another topic we all love talking about at the Lamp is issues and stories that matter to you, our readers. I really want to try and focus on articles that get you excited about reading the Lamp and/or thinking about joining the Lamp to write, take pictures, or help out any way you may see fit.  This way our Lamp community can keep growing and expanding to the many different people here at Lincoln Land CC!

I can’t wait to see what 2020 brings for all of you and The Lamp! The best is yet to come…