LLCC offers services for MacMurray students

Regina Ivy, Editor-in-Chief

MacMurray announced it’s closing due to financial issues on March 27. The board of trustees voted unanimously on this decision 

LLCC is offering special assistance to students who are affected by this announcement. The president made these remarks in response to the announcement: 

“We are deeply saddened to hear of the closure of this longstanding institution located within the LLCC district,” said Charlotte Warren. “We invite any MacMurray student to contact us for personalized assistance in continuing their education at LLCC.” 

Students coming from MacMurray should email [email protected]or call 217-786-9600. They can also text 217-387-3342 

The Jacksonville and main campus’s outreach staff are set up to help students continue their education at the sophomore level. Students can also enter a career education program in nursing, criminal justice, business, education or other areas. 

LLCC is looking forward to working with each MacMurray student as they explore their transfer options for the upcoming semesters. They will answer questions about financial aid and transcripts. 

Lincoln Land will also offer in-district tuition rates to MacMurray students. This is regardless of their home addresses. 

In-district tuition is $131.50 per credit hour for the summer term and $133.00 per credit hour for the fall semester. Some LLCC programs have variable tuition rates. 

LLCC-Jacksonville director Keri Mason will be leading a virtual information session April 8 from 2-3 p.m. as well as April 9 from 7-8 p.m. on Zoom. This is an opportunity for prospective students to get their questions answered.  

More information is available at www.llcc.edu/mac2llcc.