Bistro Verde re-opens September 17 at LLCC

SPRINGFIELD — Bistro Verde, Lincoln Land Community College’s student-run café, will be open during the fall 2020 semester as Bistro-To-Go for curbside pickup. It will be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. from September 17 to November 19 (except for November 3). The community is invited to enjoy take-out soups, salads, sandwiches, baked goods, and coffees prepared by LLCC culinary arts, baking and pastry, and hospitality students.

Local chef Jordan Coffey, formerly of American Harvest and of the upcoming Luminary Provisions, is serving as the executive guest chef instructor for this fall’s student-led restaurant. The menu includes such items as smoked chicken tortilla soup, roasted pear salad, grilled and chilled shrimp tacos, short rib melt, chicken pot pie, and apple bread pudding. In addition, weekly chef specials will be available. They will feature possible dishes from Coffey’s new restaurant. The menu and more information are available at www.llcc.edu/bistro-verde.

Lunch orders may be placed online at https://orders.cake.net/11205518 or by calling 217-786-2821, and must be paid for by credit or debit card when ordering. Reserved parking spots for curbside pickup are available on the east side of the Workforce Careers Center on LLCC’s Springfield campus. When parked, call 217-786-2821, provide the name on the order, and the vehicle make/model to have the order delivered.

LLCC offers an associate in applied science degree in culinary arts and also in hospitality management and services. Certificates offered include hospitality professional, hospitality supervisor, first cook, culinary manager, and baking and pastry. LLCC also offers non-credit cooking and baking classes, as well as Bistro Verde dinners through the Culinary Institute.