Bauser Wants Students To Connect

The Lamp Online Staff

SPRINGFIELD – Nathan Bauser wants to bring out the school spirit at Lincoln Land Community College.

0903BauserNathanAs the new Student Government Association president, Bauser hopes to accomplish one of his plans, which he calls “Dance Party of Mass Chaos.”

Bauser explained that he wants everyone at the college to connect in some way, shape or form.  He wants the students here to bring out their school spirit. He’d love to see a lot more students attending the sporting events held here at Lincoln Land and one goal he has is to get 100 students to sign up for any of the 40 different clubs that Lincoln Land offers.

There’s a choice for everyone, Bauser said.

It not only helps attendance, but it lets Lincoln Land know that the students are proud of their school and want to get involved, Bauser said. Plus meeting new people would just be a plus.

Bauser has already been actively involved in student government. Last year, he attended the Student Advocacy Conference at the statehouse, where Bauser ended his day by speaking with state Rep. Sam McCann on a student issue.

The son of Harold and Jaime Basuser, Nathan Bauser grew up in a large family with one brother, Reese, and four sisters, Katie, Izzy, Lexi and Macy.

Bauser is driven in student government and in his career goal of being either a homicide investigator or a crime scene investigator.

He is majoring in criminal justice, but he has considered double-majoring in business administration.

Although he also quipped, “Who knows I may end up working here for Lincoln Land someday.”

Bauser also has a full-time job, and when he’s not busy with all of that, he loves to go bowling, shoot pool, officiate high school baseball and softball games and mingle with new people.

Bauser shows a natural gregariousness in his classes and at school events, so he appears well suited to meet new people and motivate them.

Bauser said he wants students here at Lincoln Land to be proud of him as the student government president, and that in return, he wants them to just be honest and have a lot of new and fun experiences here on campus.

He said his goal is to have happy students who don’t have any regrets in attending Lincoln Land in the first place.